Ofertas de Empleo
ASIA Trade Lane Manager
Geodis supplies and combines freight services, information management and added value into integrated solutions. As part of the Geodis Group, GFF supports Geodis’ capacity to offer customers one partner to solve their supply chain challenges worldwide. It has revenues of 3,2 billion euros and more than 9.950 employees working in more than 60 countries around the world.
To secure GFF’s roll as a strategic partner within the given Network and based on trade development. The aim is to ensure productive and efficient sales activities around Asia trade.
The emphasis is placed on growth and profitability in accordance with the policies and guidelines laid out in the Global Sales Process (GSP) decided by the sales management of GFF.
The Sales departments of GFF develop and maintain favourable relationships with new and existing customers, seek opportunities to provide service to customers, and ensure customers receive high quality customer service and have a positive experience doing business with GFF. Divisional KPI’s will be achieved for increased revenue and profit and sales activity.
Build and maintain positive relationships with customers doing business in assigned trade lane; promote customer loyalty. Identify and implement opportunities to provide service to trade lane customers. Respond to customer inquiries in compliance with GFF policies and procedures. Provide high quality customer service.
The job as sales executive involves working with the main GFF networks and trades in EUROPE, ASIA, GEOLAT and US as outlined. Same will cover national, sometimes international accounts and which may also expand across borders when needed.
Responsible for developing the China trade lane. The prospects are GFF’s KA based on the corresponding trades that are not classified as global.
Strategic planning to develop and maintain and long-term partnership with our overseas GFF offices and the main KA and SA to be developed in the respective trade:
• Achieve the company trade lane budget in terms of GP and volume
• Support branch sales efforts, supports regional and national sales efforts
• Develop sales strategy to produce maximum profitable revenue from broad product mix together with NSM
• Support the development the additional opportunities with existing customers
• Support the sales team in customers face to face in order to develop the trade lanes and implement new accounts and services
• Identify opportunities and new products to implement in the trade lane
• Coordinate with other departments to develop and implement customer solutions and products
• Solve any problem with origin offices in the mentioned trade lane
• Participate in bids, proposals, RFQ, RFI for presentation to customer in order to propose solution per trade lane and advice about net rates and selling rates
• Support to close business KA and SA
• Document agreements, products implementation and actions taken in each trade lane
• Keep accurate record of travel and entertainment expense
• Control over trade lane in the form of local volumes, revenue, and profitability.
• Control over trade lane customer interactions in the form of local volumes, revenue, and profitability
• Act as the trade lane ambassador internally at GFF and support to sales team to visit customer when be necessary
• Create trade lane budget jointly with NSM
• Organise and work in a project management form
• Implement accordingly new products, solutions with each trade lane and transfer this information to operational team
• Keep close control of the profitability of products like own consol air and ocean, net achieve rates, etc.
• Develop new products like Own Consol LCL/FCL, Hub MAD, etc
• Keep internal organisation informed of activities and trade lanes
• Do regular conference call with counterpart of each trade lane, issue minutes afterwards and communicate main issues to local BD team. Also share this information with Operational Manager and have a regular meeting in order to review the main issues in each trade lane
• Issue monthly trade lane management report to analyses reality v/s budget and inform main activity, news, closures, etc of the month.
• Work together with Product and Procurement Manager defining the strategy of price, products, etc.
• Complete GFF customer service process including but not limited to:
o Function as first point of commercial contact for origin offices of each trade lane
o Coordinate with other departments to respond to inquiries and resolves issues
o Follow up with customers and/or sales executive until issues are resolved to the customer’s satisfaction
o Monitor reports, identify shipment exceptions, and implement corrective action plans
o Respond to e-mail and telephone requests in a timely manner
o Escalate issues to next management level if appropriate
o Any additional task or activity as requested by management
Sales experience and working knowledge of the international transportation and logistics industry preferred. Familiarity with the financial aspects of the relevant local economy as well as international market conditions and trends, and international business issues, including currency factors and cultural differences
• Supply chain management, logistics
• Deep branch knowledge, if responsible for a market segment
• Good negotiation techniques
• Good sales techniques; concept sales, customer psychology and purchasing patterns
• Project management skills
• Good computer skills, familiarity with Microsoft office, etc.
• Fluent in local language, comfortable in English and other languages that the job requires to manage customer and other contacts
• Excellent presentation techniques,
• Knowledge of Geodis tools
• Knowledge of company goals and strategies